CO3 Interim Chief Executive Leadership Training
CO3 is delighted to announce the next Interim Chief Executive Leadership Training.
Delivered by Dr John Brothers, this two-day programme will:
- Prepare individuals to work with an organisation on a short term basis, helping them manage a gap in permanent leadership and advise the board on their next appointment.
- Assess failing organisations, make recommendations and implement change to turn these organisations around.
Interim Chief Executive Leadership Training
* This is a training, not a job opportunity *
CO3 is looking to attract a diverse group of third sector professionals who are any of the following:
- Current and former CEOs or Directors with experience in third sector leadership and management who are considering a career as an Interim Chief Executive Leader.
- Acting or acted as an Interim Chief Executive Leader (IEL) who would like more specialised training and access to a potential peer network.
- Mid-to-late career individuals who were once CEOs or Directors and now have independent consulting practices.
- Organisational Development consultants and other third sector professionals who want to increase their knowledge on interim leadership and management and learn how to more effectively address the leadership challenges within a transitioning organisation without necessarily wanting to serve as an Interim Executive Leader.
Topics Covered in the 2-Day Training (28th and 29th October) include:
- The CEO transition process.
- Specific roles of the Interim CEO, board & transition consultant.
- The reality of being an effective Interim CEO.
- Challenges presented and the skills & perspective required.
- How to handle the emotional aspects of the role.
- Dealing with staff and board dynamics of organisations undergoing an executive transition.
- Strategies for finding and securing Interim CEO positions.
- How CO3’s Interim CEO service works.
The course will use a practical case study approach to training.
Successful completion of the Interim Chief Executive Leadership training programme will enable delegates to be eligible to be listed on the CO3 Interim Management Panel*
For further information, please see the attached flyer or contact CO3 on 028 9024 5356.
John E. Brothers is a recognized leader in the nonprofit and philanthropic arena with over twenty years of sector experience and is a national expert in the field of executive leadership, nonprofit effectiveness, sustainability and assisting organizations in both organizational growth and decline.
Dr. Brothers has a Doctorate in Law and Policy from Northeastern University, an MPA in Nonprofit Management from New York University and an MBA in Public Policy from American University from which he started at Columbia University. He has taken additional studies at Georgetown University and the London School of Economics. Dr. Brothers is an adjunct professor in social welfare policy at Rutgers University, in nonprofit management at New York University and recently served as a Visiting Scholar at the Hauser Center for Nonprofit Organizations at Harvard University. Dr. Brothers has served in multiple fellowships, including engagements with the Higher Education Consortium for Urban Affairs and the Children's Defense Fund.
Dr. Brothers is also the Editor of the Journal for Nonprofit Management in his role as a Senior Fellow with the Support Center for Nonprofit Management. Dr. Brothers is a popular blogger with the Stanford Social Innovation Review, recently collaborated on a book on nonprofit leadership with SAGE Publishing and has an upcoming book, Building Nonprofit Capacity: Strategic Tools for Managing Change, (www.buildingnonprofitcapacity.com) which will be released by Jossey-Bass in October 2011. Dr. Brothers has been interviewed, referenced or quoted in dozens of local, regional, national and international media outlets including the Chronicle of Philanthropy, CRAINS, Washington Post, Newsweek-Japan, ABC News, The New York Post and the Wall Street Journal.
Dr. Brothers, a Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE), is also the Principal of Cuidiu Consulting, a consulting firm servicing nonprofit, philanthropic and government efforts throughout the U.S. and internationally. Dr. Brothers has been a nonprofit executive in several local, regional and national nonprofit efforts, including serving as a CEO, COO and in numerous programming roles. Dr. Brothers gravitated toward non-profit work as a result of his experiences growing up in poverty as a child in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Dr. Brothers is married with two young children and lives outside of New York City in NJ.