Collaboration NI event - Leading Change
When leaders are faced with implementing change in the workplace they are looking at a tough job. Employees can become distracted, confused, angry, stressed-out, not to mention afraid for their jobs, all of which can result in lowered morale and decreased performance.
This one day workshop is designed to train managers on the essential skills needed to facilitate and lead through the change process. Managers learn how to better deal with resistance to change, how to implement the change management process effectively, and overcome the barriers to change.
By the end of the training course participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the issues involved in leading, implementing and managing change
- Identify the types of change, while recognising barriers to them and developing strategies to overcome them
- Understand the main components of planning change and the manager’s role in leading staff through it
- Support and motivate people through change and uncertainty
- Develop empathy with staff going through change
- Create personal and group action plans to improve their ongoing change performance as initiators or managers of change.
- Implement change whilst experiencing it themselves
9.00am Welcome and Introduction
Session 1 What is an Effective Leader?
- Identifying the characteristics of an effective leader
Session 2 Leadership versus Management
- Clarify the role of the leader
- Clarify the role of the manager
Session 3 Situational Leadership
- Recognising your leadership style
- Identifying the impact of your style on others
- The will/skill matric
Session 4 Leadership Through Change
- Introduction to the Kubler Ross Change Cycle
Session 5 Action Planning and Reflection
- Developing and agreeing an action plan
4.00pm Summary and Close
About the Facilitator
Una McSorley, Marcomm Managing Director
Una provides advice and guidance to senior executives within the public, private and voluntary sector arenas. Her particular expertise is in complex communications issues, negotiation skills and integrated media campaigns. She has also built a reputation for excellence in the field of career transition coaching, and is an accredited career coach and member of the Association of Coaching. An award winning communication and training consultant, Una is the only Approved Trainer with the Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) in Ireland and was awarded a Fellowship with the CIPR for her outstanding contribution to CIPR and the public relations industry. She founded Marcomm and has watched it grow into a leading learning and development consultancy.
Note: CollaborationNI is a partnership programme between CO3 (Chief Officer’s Third Sector), NICVA (Northern Ireland Council for Voluntary Action) and Stellar Leadership, commissioned by Building Change Trust. CollaborationNI provides practical support and resources across the whole spectrum of collaborative working to voluntary and community sector organisations. As part of this support CollaborationNI has been assisting organisations with study visits in order to share learning of experience already present in the sector.
When: Tuesday 4th March, 2014, 9am - 4pm
Venue: CO3 Offices, The Volunteer Centre, 34 Shaftesbury Square, Belfast
To Book: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 028 9087 7777
Contact: email@example.com or 028 9024 5356