Collaboration NI event - Negotiation Skills
This one day “Negotiations skills” facilitated workshop covers the key skills, knowledge, and processes required for planning, preparing and executing a collaborative negotiation effectively.
The workshop is designed to increase the delegate’s capability to move from simple bargaining to multi-dimensional agreements which deliver for all parties, and give the delegates the confidence to engage in what may previously have been “daunting” negotiations. The programme is designed for any senior executives to further develop their skill base for entering into negotiations, in relation to collaborative working.
Who should attend?
This workshop is open to all, and will be suitable for anyone who is:
- Facing negotiations related to collaborative working
- Has a need to revisit some of the skills required to conduct a complex negotiation
- To develop the capability to plan and prepare for a negotiation
- To develop the skills and knowledge required to use the Negotiation process with confidence to achieve a complex agreement with, for example, an external funder.
- To develop an awareness of how to use negotiation skills to enhance dealings with colleagues.
- To develop the skills to counteract destructive negotiation tactics and ploys.
- To enhance the confidence to challenge any (un)foreseen issues or ‘deal breaker’ issues.
What past participants have said about the course:
“This course provided excellent Information on the negotiation process, the different negotiation techniques and the preparation of appropriate and relevant questions”
“It gave me good insight into the need to increase self-awareness, finding out personal limitations and training needs”
“It provided a structural framework to frame thinking on a range of areas of work”
“I enjoyed the exercises – they turned the theory into reality!”
“I will be able to apply the training in taking forward future negotiations both internally and externally”
Note: CollaborationNI is a partnership programme between CO3 (Chief Officer’s Third Sector), NICVA (Northern Ireland Council for Voluntary Action) and Stellar Leadership, commissioned by Building Change Trust. CollaborationNI provides practical support and resources across the whole spectrum of collaborative working to voluntary and community sector organisations. As part of this support CollaborationNI has been assisting organisations with study visits in order to share learning of experience already present in the sector.