CO3 has produced a Strategic Plan for the period 2016-2019. It commits the organisation to growing the association to promote excellence in Third Sector leadership. The plan covers a period which will be one of the most challenging periods for third sector leaders.
This strategic plan was developed by a planning group of CO3, including board members and staff, informed by a board strategic planning workshop; survey of members; and consultation on the basis of a draft strategy.
The evidence gathered, confirmed the view of the members of the planning group that the programmes, services and benefits provided by CO3 are very much appreciated by members. It was clear that the strategic direction for CO3 over the next three years needs to build on its achievements to date. Both expanding and developing the existing work, as well as formulating new programmes and events in response to the needs of members. Some of the new initiatives highlighted in the new strategy, which were not in the previous strategy, include the following:
- Improving Third Sector governance, building on the establishment of the Trustee Network
- Improving the data on trends in Third Sector leadership through a quarterly survey of members.
- Enabling Third Sector organisations to assess and improve their capacity through the Core Capacity Assessment (CCAT) framework
- Improving skills around commissioning/tendering
- Improving public policy advocacy skills
- Reporting more specifically on CO3’s performance and impact.
Please view our preious stategic plan for 2013 - 16 here.